To change the root password on your cloud compute via SSH:
- Login to your cloud compute via SSH as the root user (KB: How to login to cloud compute via SSH)
- Once you're logged in as root, issue the following command to the terminal: passwd
- Follow the appropriate prompts to change your root password.
- If successful, you'll receive the following message: "passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully."
To change the root password on your cloud compute through your client area:
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Select 'Services' from the navigation and then 'My Services' from the dropdown:
- Locate your cloud compute from the services list and click the cloud compute service.
- You will be taken to the "Manage Product" page. From this interface look for the "Manage Your Server" section, specifically the "Password" field:
- Click the "Change" button next to the "Password" field. Enter your new password into the form, and then complete the process by clicking "Change" again: