All cloud web hosting, semi-dedicated, and reseller hosting plans allow you to create an unlimited number of FTP accounts for your service. FTP is a protocol used to transfer files between your hosting account and your local system.
FTP accounts can be created using the FTP Accounts interface in cPanel. Instructions below:
- Login to your accounts cPanel at https://yourdomain.com/cpanel or https://yourdomain.com:2083
- Once you have logged into cPanel use the search to locate the FTP Accounts interface:
- From the FTP Accounts interface in cPanel use the provided fields to create your new FTP user:
Log In: This will be your FTP username
Domain: Select the domain this user should be tied to from the provided dropdown
Password: This will be the password used to authenticate with your FTP user. The password should be unique with at least 12 alpha-numeric characters
Directory: This is the default directory under your web hosting account the FTP user will connect to where files will be uploaded
Quota: The maximum size of total files allowed to be uploaded and stored by this FTP user in their default Directory
- When all the required fields are filled out click the "Create FTP Account" button to add the new user:
- If the account is created successfully your new FTP account will appear under the FTP Accounts section:
How do I connect to my account using FTP?
How do I connect to my account using SFTP?