whois/ID protection will hide your private/personal contact details so they are not publicly exposed when performing whois lookups on your domain name. Enabling whois/ID protection will activate this protection so whois lookups will not publicly show your domains underlying whois contact information and it will be hidden. The fee to enable this protection is $3.00 per year per domain name. The $3.00 fee is non-refundable.
To enable whois/ID protection:
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Once you've logged in click "Domains" then "My Domains" from your main navigation menu:
- From the "My Domains" page select the green "Active" button to the right of the domain name you're modifying:
- From your domains details page click the "Addons" button on the left hand side navigation menu:
- The following page will show you a button to enable whois/ID protection. Enabling whois/ID protection will activate privacy protection so whois lookups will not publicly show your domains underlying whois contact information. The fee to enable this protection is $3.00 per year per domain name. The $3.00 fee is non-refundable. If you wish to proceed with purchasing whois/ID protection click the green "Buy now for $3.00 USD" button:
- You will be prompted to confirm your decision. If you wish to proceed with enabling whois/ID protection click the large "Buy Now for $3.00 USD/year" button:
- An invoice will be generated and you will be redirected to complete payment. Once payment is completed the whois/ID protection will be enabled on your domain. This can be confirmed by visiting the "Addons" menu (step 4) again or by performing a whois lookup on your domain name.