Rebuilding / reinstalling your compute will completely format the existing compute and remove all files. This process cannot be reverted. Make sure you have a backup copy of anything you need saved from your compute before proceeding with a rebuild.
To rebuild your cloud compute:
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Click "Services" from the menu navigation, and from the dropdown select "My Services":
- From your "My Products & Services" page locate the cloud compute you wish to rebuild and click the green "Active" button to the right of the service:
- From your computes "Manage Product" page click the "Rebuild" button:
- You will be shown a pop-up window. Select your new OS, carefully read the warning message, select the check-box and click "Confirm" to proceed:
- Your rebuild will be started and will take approximately five minutes to complete. Once the rebuild completes you will have power control over the compute again and your IP should respond to ping and SSH requests.