All shared, reseller, and semi-dedicated hosting accounts include free transfer and migration assistance from your old provider. To move from your old host you will want to submit a ticket with our account transfers department:
Please note: If you are moving from a cPanel based host we will be able to complete a full cPanel account transfer including all files, databases, emails, etc. If your old host does not use cPanel as their control panel our transfer assistance will be limited to transferring only your websites files and databases.
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Once logged in select the "Open Ticket" link from the main menu navigation:
- Select the "Account Transfers" department:
- In your ticket message provide our transfers team with your old hosts control panel login URL, your control panel username and password, and any other special instructions for the migration. Alternatively you can upload a backup of your account you wish to have restored to your hosting account with us via sFTP/SCP and let us know the path to the backup.
- Once your ticket message has been filled out and includes all the information required for us to complete the transfer click the "Submit" button.
- Account transfers generally take 4 hours or less to complete. Our team will notify you when the migration has started and also when it is completed.