Knowledgebase: Web Hosting
How do I log into SSH (shared / web hosting)?
Posted by Cody R., Last modified by Brian F. on 12 October 2012 05:55 PM
You'll need to do the following to login to your (SSH): |
1) Download an SSH client (PuTTY Download)
2) Get all of the information regarding your hosting account, namely the username, password and IP. This is in your welcome email.
3) Open up PuTTY and put in the IP we assigned to you (Picture)
4) Once you hit enter you'll be prompted with a window to accept a certificate. Hit "Accept and Save" (Picture)
5) From there you'll be prompted with a black screen asking for a login, then password. Enter your cPanel username as the login name and enter the password e-mailed for you for the password. Keep in mind when you type your password nothing will be showing up - this is normal and it is being entered. (Picture)
6) You should now be logged in. (Picture)If you encounter any issues, please submit a support ticket.