Our client area (https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php) supports two-factor authentication to secure your account with more than just a password. When 2FA is enabled you would not only need your account password to login but a second form of authentication in the form of a time based token generated by a hardware device (generally a cell phone or tablet) which you control. To enable 2FA on your client area account:
- Download and install a supported Two-Factor Authentication app for your phone/tablet. We recommend Authy however any of the following will work:
Google Authenticator (Android, iOS and Blackberry)
Duo Mobile (Android and iOS)
Authenticator (Windows Phone)
Authy (Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phone)
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Once you've logged in click 'Hello, Your Name' from the top right navigation and then click 'Security Settings' from the dropdown
- From the 'Security Settings' interface click 'Click here to enable' under 'Two-Factor Authentication'
- Scan the provided QR code or enter the code manually into your hardware devices two-factor authentication app and click 'Confirm'
- Enter the 6 digit code provided by your two-factor authentication app and verify the device
- Be sure to save the 'Backup Code' you're provided in a safe/secure location. This code will be used in the event your two-factor device is not available