How do I use memcached on my hosting account?
Posted by Brian F., Last modified by Brian F. on 08 February 2017 09:05 PM
We offer a free memcached instance on all shared, semi-dedicated, and reseller hosting plans. You can enable memcached in cPanel under the 'Memcached' interface. To access this:|
If you have any issues starting memcached or configuring your site/software to utilize the socket please contact our support team.
- Login to cPanel for your account using https://yourdomain.com:2083 (replace yourdomain.com with your accounts primary domain name)
- Once you've logged in to cPanel use the search tool to look for 'Memcached'
- Click the 'Memcached' icon
- On the 'Memcache' configuration page click 'Start Memcached'
- You will be shown the path to your UNIX socket memcached instance, which will be: /home/username/.hostdata/memcached.sock
- Your accounts memcached instance is now running. You will provide your site/software the memcached path and it should automatically connect to the UNIX socket