How do I use memcached on my hosting account?
Posted by Brian F., Last modified by Brian F. on 08 November 2017 04:12 PM
We offer a free memcached instance on all shared, semi-dedicated, and reseller hosting plans. You can enable memcached in cPanel under the "Server Application Manager" interface. To access this:|
If you have any issues starting memcached or configuring your site/software to utilize the socket please contact our support team.
- Login to cPanel for your account using https://yourdomain.com:2083 (replace yourdomain.com with your accounts primary domain name)
- Once you've logged in to cPanel use the search tool to look for 'Server Application Manager' or 'memcached'. Both terms will bring you to the right interface:
- Click the 'Server Application Manager' icon
- On the 'Server Application Manager' configuration page you will see a few options listed, including memcached. Next to the memcached line click "Enable" under the "Actions" menu:
- It can take up to 5 minutes for your memcached instance to be started. You will need to refresh the page until the status changes to "Online":
- Your accounts memcached instance socket will be displayed once the application starts: