Knowledgebase: Virtual Private Servers
How do I login to my VPS (SSH)?
Posted by Cody R., Last modified by Brian F. on 08 April 2015 06:36 PM
You'll need to do the following to login to your VPS (SSH):
1) Download an SSH client (PuTTY Download)
2) Get all of the information regarding your VPS, namely the root password and IP. This is in your welcome email.
3) Open up PuTTY and put in the IP we assigned to you (Picture)
4) Once you hit enter you'll be prompted with a window to accept a certificate. Hit "Accept and Save" (Picture)
5) From there you'll be prompted with a black screen asking for a login, then password. Enter "root" as the login name and enter the password e-mailed for you for the password. Keep in mind when you type your password nothing will be showing up - this is normal and it is being entered. (Picture)
6) You should now be logged in. (Picture)
If you encounter any issues, please submit a support ticket with our VPS support department and include the IP and password you're attempting to login with.