How do I upload my files with FTP?
Posted by Tony B., Last modified by Brian F. on 10 June 2010 04:02 AM
To upload content to your site, you'll need an FTP client. We suggest using FileZilla, which is a free and easy to use client. You can download FileZilla here: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php |
Connecting to your site with FTP
Once your account is setup, you'll receive an email titled "New Account Information". Within that email is a section which contains all the FTP information for your site. Keep that available throughout these instructions.
You should now be able to upload all the files necessary for your site. If you experience any issues, please submit a ticket to our support department and provide any errors you receive so we can troubleshoot the problem.
- After installing FileZilla, start the program on your local computer
- Once started, locate the hostname field and input your accounts domain (Picture)
- Next, locate the username field and input your username. This is the same as your cPanel username. (Picture)
- Next, find the password field and input your password. This is the same as your cPanel password. (Picture)
- Lastly, find the port field and input 21. (Picture)
- Now that you're connected, navigate to the folder on your computer which contains the files you want to upload. This can be done in the left panel of the FileZilla client. For our example, we'll be using the path C:\Users\hh\FTP. (Picture)
- On the right pane of the FileZilla client is your sites directory. Navigate to the public_html directory, as this is where you upload your files to. Once you do, the 'remote site' directory will change to public_html. (Picture)
- Now doubleclick on the file or files you want to upload, and they should transfer to your site. If it's done successfully, you will see the file listed on the remote site. (Picture)