To change the root password on your VPS via SSH:
- Login to your VPS via SSH as the root user
- Once you're logged in as root, issue the following command to the terminal: passwd
- Follow the appropriate prompts to change your root password
- If successful, you'll receive the following message: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
To change the root password on your VPS through our VPS control panel:
- Login to your client area at https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php
- Select 'Services' from the navigation and then 'My Services' from the dropdown
- Locate your VPS and then select 'View Details'
- On the following page select the 'Change Password' link
- Enter your new password and select 'Save Changes'