To upload content to your site, you'll need an FTP client. We suggest using FileZilla, which is a free and easy to use client. You can download FileZilla here: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php
Once your account is setup, you'll receive an email titled "New Account Information". Within that email is a section which contains all the FTP information for your site. Keep that available throughout these instructions.
- After installing FileZilla, start the program on your local computer.
- Once started, locate the hostname field and input your accounts domain. If your website is not yet pointed to our hosting, use the "Temporary FTP Hostname" IP address found in your "New Account Information" email. You'll need to enter the hostname or IP as: sftp://126.96.36.199 (replace 188.8.131.52 with your IP) or sftp://yourdomain.com
- Locate the username field and input your username. This is the same as your cPanel username.
- Find the password field and input your password. This is the same as your cPanel password.
- Find the port field and input 22.
- Your connection settings should look similar to this (with your own accounts information filled in instead):
- Click "Quickconnect" to connect to your account via SFTP. You will be prompted to accept the servers certificate if this is your first time connecting. It is safe to accept:
- Now that you're connected, navigate to the folder on your computer which contains the files you want to upload. This can be done in the left panel of the FileZilla client. For our example, we'll be using the path C:\Users\HH\FTP\:
- On the right pane of the FileZilla client is your sites directory. Navigate to the public_html directory, as this is where you upload your files to. Once you do, the 'remote site' directory will change to public_html:
- Now from the left local site pane in FileZilla double-click on the file(s) you want to upload from your local computer and they should transfer to your site. If it's done successfully, you will see the file(s) listed on the remote site in your public_html directory:
You should now be able to upload all the files necessary for your site. If you experience any issues, please submit a ticket to our support department and provide any errors you receive so we can troubleshoot the problem.